The Oak Ridge Greenways are linear parks or open spaces
established along natural corridors that provide quiet walkways
and bicycle paths.
GREENWAYS OAK RIDGE
- What's new
West Knox to Oak Ridge greenway
- Sep 13, 2013
Heritage Center Greenway area certified by National Wildlife Federation
and greenway map
- August 3, 2013 an iPhone google greenways map for mobile-device browsers (geolocate)
- May 23, 2012, Melton Lake Greenway phase IV dedication
- April, 2012, Melton Lake Greenway extended to 5.6 miles
- February, 2012, new trail added to North Boundary,
1.3 mile Big Oak Trail
- construction begins on Melton Lake
Phase IV, June, 2011,
western end paved November, 2011
- January, 2011 -- 2 miles of new single track in BORCE
- D. Ray Smith's Oak Ridger articles on history of Oak
- March, 2009, new
Gallaher Trail (1.3 miles) opened in North Boundary,
west of water tower
and trail info
- $650K received for Phase IV of Melton Lake Greenway 8/9/05
Oak Ridger article
- walk all the greenways and earn a
Secret City Trekker patch
- January '03, Greenways Trail brochure published
Come join us!
The Greenways committee meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7 pm in the
Craft Room of the Oak Ridge Civic Center.
Guests are welcome.
Greenways Oak Ridge
P.O. Box 6961
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
Black Oak Ridge
accesses since Jan 1, 2002.
Authored by Tom Dunigan
Return to the City of Oak Ridge Web page.